We believe in utilizing the highest level of medical technology, and our surgeons are experienced and highly trained. We also realize that it can be stressful to have your pet undergo surgery. We want to assure you that your pet is in good hands, and that we will do everything to provide the best care possible. We will communicate with you about the things you need to know before, during, and after your pet’s surgery. It is our goal to make the entire process go smoothly, and to eliminate the stress and worry of surgical procedures.
General list of things to consider when preparing for your pet's surgery:
- Make sure your pet is up to date on all necessary vaccinations.
- Discuss any existing health conditions or medications your pet is taking with Driving Park Animal Hospital.
- Follow any specific instructions given by Driving Park Animal Hospital, such as withholding food and water before the surgery.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the clinic on the day of the surgery.
- Have a plan in place for post-surgery care, including any medications or special instructions.
- Consider purchasing a cone or Elizabethan collar to prevent your pet from licking or biting at their incision site.
- Keep the area where your pet will be recovering clean and quiet.
- Follow up with Driving Park Animal Hospital as directed to ensure a smooth recovery.
It's always a good idea to ask Driving Park Animal Hospital for any specific instructions or recommendations for preparing for your pet's surgery.
General guidelines for caring for your pet after surgery:
- Follow any specific instructions provided by Driving Park Animal Hospital, including administering any prescribed medications and monitoring your pet's incision site.
- Keep your pet calm and quiet. Avoid allowing them to engage in any strenuous activity or play.
- Keep the area where your pet is recovering clean and free of any hazards.
- Keep your pet's incision site clean and dry. Follow your Driving Park Animal Hospital instructions for bandage changes or incision care.
- Monitor your pet's appetite and water intake. If you notice any changes, contact your Driving Park Animal Hospital.
- Contact your Driving Park Animal Hospital immediately if you notice any unusual symptoms or if your pet's incision site appears to be infected.
- Follow up with Driving Park Animal Hospital as directed for post-surgery check-ups.
It's important to follow your Driving Park Animal Hospital instructions carefully to ensure a smooth and successful recovery for your pet.